Recent Posts

Posted in Instagram

The old brick house is believed to have been built in 1725 by Paul Hamilton. The Jenkins family acquired the estate in 1798. In 1929, a fire gutted the interior. 📸: Brick House on Vimeo

Posted in Instagram

Connor-Hodges House, constructed in 1850, was part of the old Cokebury College

Posted in Instagram

Lynchburg Presbyterian Church, built in 1855, was built in the late antebellum Greek Revival ecclesiastical architecture. The sanctuary was built by members of the congregation, with the assistance of members of the Lynchburg Methodist Church

Posted in Instagram

The front section of the building was constructed ca. 1913 and the first floor interior retains an original pressed metal ceiling from this period. The rear section was added ca. 1930

Posted in Instagram

The Magness-Humphries House near Gaffney was first established in 1871 by James Judson Magness. In 1904, his home was destroyed by fire. William T. Magness built this replacement in 1904. Magness was instrumental in establishing the Grassy Pond community

Posted in Instagram

The Lockhart Canal, designed by Robert Mills, was completed in 1823. The canal operated until 1849. The Lockhart Mill began operations in 1894 and continued until 1994. This bridge over the canal led to the Mill located on the land between the canal and the Broad River. The canal is still used for hydro power

Posted in Instagram

Donated in 1935 by the Edisto Company, Edisto Beach State Park was developed by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC

Posted in Instagram

The Winyah Indigo School is comprised of a 1908 graded school and auditorium. The school’s origin dates back to 1753 when the Winyah Indigo Society School was first started

Posted in Instagram

Bishopville City Hall. From 1790 until 1821 the settlement was known as Singleton’s Crossroads

Posted in Instagram

Originally founded in Jacksonboro in 1728. This summer location of the Bethel Presbyterian Church in Walterboro had a structure here in 1821. That one was replaced in 1860 and was destroyed by a tornado in 1879. It was replaced by another frame church in 1880, which burned in 1966. The present brick sanctuary, the fourth on this site, was built in 1969